The 2018 OCMTC Shark Tournament had 12 boats officially registered. A Captains meeting/party at Tight Lines tackle shop had excellent attendance. The forecast called for calm seas, but the potential for fog threatened the Bimini start. Fortunately, participating Captains and their crews woke to partially clear skies and decent visibility, and the Bimini start went off at 7AM sharp. Club boats raced east and spread out and began establishing a slick. Conditions turned out to be spectacular. There was decent action for most boats, and a large variety of sharks were released by all the crews including Mako, Hammerhead, Dusky and Blue sharks. No qualifying Thresher or Mako was weighed. The Woodshed led the points/release standings with 7 releases. Breakaway took second place with 6 releases, and Uncle Dougie took third place with 5 releases.
1stPlace: Woodshed: Ted Wood 70 points
2ndPlace: Breakaway: Jack Davidson 60 points
3rdPlace: Uncle Dougie: Brian Mulhall 50 points
Red Head: 40 points
Joy: 30 points
Thank you to all the OCMTC members that participated in this event. Next up, the OCMTC/OCYC Special Kids Tournament on July 17th. Please contact George Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to donate your time.
WEIGH IN 4:00PM -6:00PM AT POINT TACKLE IN SOMERS POINT
BOATS MUST CALL WEIGH IN TO NOTIFY OF IMPENDING WEIGH IN.
CAPTAIN'S MEETING: FRIDAY JUNE 1ST (7:00PM SHARP)
TIGHT LINES TACKLE
830 BAY AVE.
SOMERS POINT, NJ 08244
- EACH BOAT MUST SEND A REPRESENTATIVE
- PRIMO HOAGIE TRAY AND REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED ON THE DECK
- TIGHT LINE WILL BE OPEN FOR YOUR LAST MINUTE TACKLE PURCHASES (PRE-ORDER YOUR CHUM PLEASE)
- BIMINI START- 7:00AM OFF THE WONDERLAND PIER FERRIS WHEEL!
- FISHING TIME: 7:00AM-3PM
- WEATHER CALL 6:00AM ON VHF #72
- WEIGH IN 4:00PM -6:00PM AT POINT TACKLE IN SOMERS POINT (VEHICLE ONLY). BOATS MUST CALL WEIGH IN TO NOTIFY OF IMPENDING WEIGH IN.
- HMS SHARK ENDORSEMENT REQUIRED ON YOUR HMS PERMIT THIS YEAR.
- CIRCLE HOOKS REQUIRED THIS YEAR (NON-OFFSET/NON-STAINLESS)
- MAKO SHARK CAPTURE MINIMUM 83 INCHES
- ALL OTHER SPECIES CAPTURE MINIMUM 54" OR 100LBS
- EACH RELEASED SHARK WORTH 10 POINTS
- MAKO/THRESHER 1ST, 2ND, 3RD
- HEAVIEST FISH
- BOAT AWARD 1ST, 2ND, 3RD PLACE